Perspectives in the Care of Asthma, COPD, and Beyond!
September 15 & 16, 2017
This year we are happy to be partnering with the Greater Roanoke Valley Asthma and Air Quality Coalition.
Click here for full brochure.
Click here to register for the conference.
Please join us Thursday September 14, 2017 6:00 – 7:30 pm for a Welcome Reception
Friday September 16, 2017
- Opioid-Induced Sedation- Phyllis Whitehead PhD, APRN/CNS, ACHPN, RN-BC, Carilion Clinic
- Alpha-One update- David Killeen DO, Lewis-Gale Hospital
- Considerations in Respiratory Care from Childhood to Young Adulthood– Joseph Tamez MD, Carilion Clinic
- What’s it for and How do I use It? Respiratory Medications- Donna Bond DNP, RN, CCNS, AE-C, CTTS; Vickie Edwards RRT, CCRT; Sally Southard MSN, PNP-BC, AE-C, Carilion Clinic
- The Role of Mucoactive Agents in the Mechanically Ventilated Patient- Bradley Icard DO, Carilion Clinic
- Simulation- Pneumonia and COPD exacerbations- Amanda Anderson, BSN, RN, PCCN; Bradley Icard DO, Carilion Clinic
- Simulation- Pediatric Asthma- Amanda Anderson, BSN, RN, PCCN; Sally Southard MSN, PNP-BC, AE-C, Carilion Clinic
Saturday September 17, 2017
- Non-Invasive Ventilation and Diaphragmatic Pacing- Paula Brockenbrough, RRT, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Latest Tobacco Cessation Interventions and Medications- Donna Bond DNP, RN, CCNS, AE-C, CTTS, Carilion Clinic
- Asthma and COPD Overlap Syndrome- Susanti Ie MD and Brijesh Patel MD, Carilion Clinic
Hotel Roanoke and Conference Center
110 Shenandoah Ave, Roanoke VA
Hotel rates for the RNS conference are $176.00 (plus applicable taxes) a night for both single and double occupancy. A limited number of rooms have been blocked for the conference so be sure to make your reservations by August 10, 2017. Conference participants can get the RNS conference rate for 2 nights prior to and 2 nights after the conference dates based upon availability. The link above will allow you to make your reservation for RNS rates.
The hotel offers complimentary Wi-Fi in guest rooms. All guests staying overnight will have complimentary wireless internet throughout the facility. For guests who are not staying overnight, but attending the conference, there is a per person fee for internet use.
Self Parking is $10.00 per night or Valet parking at $16.00 per night for hotel guests.
Complimentary shuttle service is available to/from the airport and surrounding areas.
There are a limited number of rooms blocked for our event at the Hotel Roanoke. To register using the RNS rate click the link below: