RNS 27th ANNUAL EDUCATIONAL CONFERENCE
September 15-16th, 2017
General Information about Presenting a Poster at the RNS Annual Educational Conference:
- You do not have to be a member of the RNS to submit an abstract for poster/podium presentation.
- Poster presenters must attend the conference
- The author of one student poster will receive a $500.00 Scholarship Award (*student defined as not yet licensed as a registered nurse, LPN, respiratory therapist, or physician-must submit proof of current enrollment in an accredited nursing program to be eligible)
- One poster presenter will be chosen to receive complimentary admission to the conference.
Important Dates For Poster Presenters:
July 15, 2017
Deadline to submit abstract for Poster Session.
July 31st, 2017
Acceptance notification for abstracts sent via email.
August 15, 2017
Deadline for authors of accepted poster presentations to submit final paperwork.
- An abstract must have a short, specific title (containing no abbreviations) that indicates the nature of the presentation.
- The submitting author is designated as the primary/presenting author.
- The presentation must relate to an area significant to respiratory nursing research, practice or education. The abstract must include:
- Background or review of the literature
- Study design and methods (if research)
- Outcomes or findings
- Implications for practice
- Share your practice initiatives for care delivery
- Standard abbreviations may be used without definition. Non-standard abbreviations (kept to a minimum) must be placed in parentheses after the first use of the word or phrase abbreviated.
- Abstracts are limited to 500 words.
- As a separate document, provide objectives (minimum of three) and 3-5 sentences summarizing the poster.
Please send the following items via email attachment to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line ‘poster abstract’:
- Poster Presentation Application Form
- Poster Abstract
- Objectives of the Poster Presentation
- Primary Author/Presenter’s Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Please indicate if this is a student poster and include degree being pursued, school name, anticipated graduation date.
OR you may submit online at www.respiratorynursingsociety.org/conference/poster-application